Παρασκευή 2 Οκτωβρίου 2015

Hypothermia - Svartkonst Review


Hypothermia is a black metal band hailing from Sweden and it's the child, so to speak, of Kim Carlsson mostly known as the vocalist in Lifelover and other musical expressions such as Horns Emerging and Kall.
Now this album, Svartkonst, meaning black art or sorcery, correct me if I'm wrong, came out earlier this year following the well praised Skogens Hjarta.
One of the things that I enjoyed mostly in this release is the production. Very clean, etherial and you can hear every instrument at the same time without the guitars for example swallowing each other or the drums, something that in their earlier albums was a problem to me.
To those that don't know about the musical past of Hypothermia, their previous albums had more of a depressing or negative feeling, drowning a lot of elements from depressive black metal and post rock/metal.
In this one though, there are no vocals, the post rock influences are more present, which I find very possitive, and the albums as a whole can work perfectly with meditation or a walk through the forest.
It's a form of magick in my opinion, repeatitive riffs, thus creating a trance like feeling to the listener, the compositions are very tight, not anything too technical but instead everything is simple, and so easy to absorb that anyone I believe can find something worth in this record about himself.
It's a soundtrack of retrospection.
I won't talk about the highlights of the record because I think you have to listen to the whole damn thing to realise what it's all about.

9/10

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου